[omniORB] Re: strictIIOP

Sai-Lai Lo s.lo@uk.research.att.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:00:49 -0000

I've overhauled the way configuration parameters are set.

Please get the snapshot from last night (Aug 21) to get the complete set of
changes.

Since the Aug 21 snapshot, there are 4 ways to set a configuration
parameter:

1. From a configuration file (omniORB.cfg) with a new format.
   Have a look at sample.cfg at <top>. It contains all the
   configuration parameters and the explanations of their usage.
   You could copy sample.cfg, change the copied file to the setting
   you want, then set the environment variable OMNIORB_CONFIG to be
   the pathname of the file.

2. From the environment variable. For instance, if you do:
     export lcdMode=1
   or
     export strictIIOP=1
   Then omniORB will start up with these modes enabled.

3. As a parameter list to ORB_init().
     In your application code, when you call ORB_init, you can
     now pass an optional argument containing the parameter strings.

      e.g.
           char* options[][2] = { { "lcdMode", "1" }, { 0, 0 } };
           CORBA::ORB_init(argv,argc,"omniORB4",options);

4. From the command line.
      If your application passes argv to ORB_init, you can
   specify the configuration parameters as:
       ./application -ORBlcdMode 1

One of the new configuration option is dumpConfiguration. If
you do something like this:
    ./application -ORBdumpConfiguration 1
The ORB will dump the full settings when it starts up.

I haven't got round to update the omniORB4 wiki page yet. Will do so
sometime today.

Regards,
Sai-Lai