[omniORB] Notify Reference

Carlos carlos@solaria-mediterranea.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:16:36 +0200

Frederico Faria wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> when I run notifd, only rdifact.ior file is created in /tmp.
> How do I get the ior file rdichan.ior?
>=20
> Thank you,
>=20
> Faria.
>=20
> Frederico Faria wrote:
> >
> > Hi ,
> >
> > Is it possible to get  a reference to the the omniNotify using
> > string_to_object() or resolve_initial_references() ?
> > Or do I need to use the omni names service ?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Faria.

Hi

I don't know if my answer is correct, but last night I was playing with
omniNotify and I got a COMM_FAILURE exception and I didn't the
rdichan.ior file in /tmp. The problem was that I have a omniORB.cfg in
/etc and the programs that want to talk with notifd try to use omniNames
service, I start omniNames and the examples work fine.

I expect that this helps you.

Bye

Carlos G=F3mez Romero
Solaria Mediterr=E1nea, S.L.L.