[omniORB] Python usage

David Konerding dek@cgl.ucsf.EDU
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 13:05:42 -0700

Monty Taylor writes:
>You want to look at Zope. Although not CORBA-based, it is a
>persistently running ORB. It is written in Python. And loads of people
>use it.

The original poster should look at zope, and run away screaming.  I've used
zope before, being a python aficionado, and nothing has made me more
frustrated than just trying to figure out "how the hell to do <X>".
They've got some great ideas and designs in it, but it's much more
trouble than it's worth.  mod_python (or mod_snake, whichever is the actively
developed version now) with apache, using an omniORBpy servant running within
the mod_python context.