[omniORB] descrepancy with C++ mapping ????

Vibhu Rishi vibhu.rishi@wipro.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:49:20 +0530

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

Hi

I have observed that there is some problem with the _out mapping for the
fixed-length structs and unions. For example, an idl like :

struct s1
{
    short s;
};

generates the following for the _out parameter :

typedef _CORBA_ConstrType_Fix_OUT_arg< s1,s1_var > s1_out;

however, when I try to use this in my code, I get an error. however, if
i change the code from s1_out to just s1& then the code works ( please
see the diff below -)

 > UserTypeTester_impl::func_s1(UserTypes::s1_out s)  // original way
---
< UserTypeTester_impl::func_s1(UserTypes::s1& s)     // after some changes

Now the original code works with the other orbs ( e.g. mico), so I think
that there is a problem with the omniORB, and may give rise to a
compatibility issue...

When I use a struct which is of variable length, eg by using a string in
it, the _out parameter works fine without my making any changes to it.

I think that it has to do something with the way
_CORBA_ConstrType_Fix_OUT_arg is handling the situation.

Has anyone observed this before ???? If so, is this behaviour being
taken care of in the next release of omniORB ?

My version of omni : 3.0.4
on Redhat Linux 7.1
regards
vibhu..

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro Limited and
is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@wipro.com and delete this mail
from your records.

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary--