[omniORB] Python usage

Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:24:31 +0100

On Wednesday 15 August, Attila.Pletyak@anemo.com wrote:

>      Maybe my question is a bit off-topic. I need to write a permament CGI
> program, because it is called a lot. Up to this point I had a small c++
> program, but the massive call on it takes too much time. As my whole system
> is written with omniORB, I have the following possibilities in mind:
> - to write an apache module
> - to write a fastCGI program
> - to use a python program with omniORBpy.

There is a Python FastCGI module which might help:

  http://www.suxers.de/python/fcgi.htm

Another thing which might be a possibility is to write an entire web
server in Python. That isn't as hard as it sounds, since most of the
work has been done for you. Look at the BaseHTTPServer module in the
standard library. The disadvantage of that approach is that it doesn't
integrate well with an existing web server.