[omniORB] Python usage

Attila.Pletyak@anemo.com Attila.Pletyak@anemo.com
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 18:35:23 +0200

Hello,

     Maybe my question is a bit off-topic. I need to write a permament CGI
program, because it is called a lot. Up to this point I had a small c++
program, but the massive call on it takes too much time. As my whole system
is written with omniORB, I have the following possibilities in mind:
- to write an apache module
- to write a fastCGI program
- to use a python program with omniORBpy.

     The last one looks to take the less effort, but for this I should know
if I have a possibility to write a python program, which is not destroyed
after serving the request.(like a Java servlet)  Is it possible?

     If not, which free Java ORB has the best interoperability results with
omniORB?

     Thanks in advance,

Attila Pletyak
Anemo Ltd.