[omniORB] Question about seg faults in servants.

Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:23:50 +0100

On Friday 10 August, John D. Heintz wrote:

> How is omniORB handling seg faults in servants?
>
> From omniORBpy the behavior we are seeing it that the thread the
> request comes in on jumps immediately out of our code and a
> CORBA.UNKNOWN is raised to the client.

That's interesting!  omniORB doesn't do anything to trap seg faults,
so I would have expected it to just dump core. Perhaps some other
library you are using has installed a signal handler to catch sigsegv?

What platform and version of Python are you using?

You might get somewhere with WAD:

  http://systems.cs.uchicago.edu/wad/

I've never used it, so I can't tell you anything about it.