[omniORB] OBJECT_NOT_EXIST exception

Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:13:14 +0100

On Tuesday 7 August, "Quinlan, Michael" wrote:

Please don't send HTML email to the omniORB list. Especially if it
includes a background image.

> I have an application that is working correctly in our development
> environment (a Sun Enterprise 3500 running Solaris 7). When we port it
> to our test environment (2 Enterprise 450s in a cluster, also running
> Solaris 7) I get a CORBA::OBJECT_NOT_EXIST exception when I attempt to
> do a callback using a passed reference to a CORBA server.

Perhaps the test machines are misconfigured to use the wrong IP
address. Print out the IOR for the object reference which is failing,
and use catior on it. Check that the address is correct for the
machine. A common problem on Linux machines is that /etc/hosts
includes 127.0.0.1 as the address for the host name, so omniORB uses
127.0.0.1 in IORs. Maybe your Solaris machines have the same problem?