[omniORB] is there an omniORBpy mentor out there I can bother until I get up to speed?

Ray Feodoroff bazmundi@bigpond.com
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 21:15:44 +0930

New to CORBA I am trying to get myself setup on windows 98 so I can teach
myself at home while looking to use the knowledge at work in the near
future.

So, I'm a bit vague on how to complete the configuration with the glib
detail in the user manual.  The domain nomenclature is still foreign, of
course, so what do I put in the registry or the configuration file as the
"naming service reference"?  What is the file extension for the
configuration file?

If I were to use "corbaname:" where exactly would I use it? and what would I
be using for the URI?

Regards the echo example, I ran the omniidl program against the idl file.
Now what?  I ran example_echo_srv.py (as a guess) and then ran the
equivalent client file in another dos window.  It didn't appear happy.  I'm
missing something simple I know.

Any help to get me up and running would be appreciated.

Ray