[omniORB] Question about seg faults in servants.

JohnD.Heintz JohnD.Heintz
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:07:45 -0500

How is omniORB handling seg faults in servants?

=46rom omniORBpy the behavior we are seeing it that the thread the reques=
t=20
comes in on jumps immediately out of our code and a CORBA.UNKNOWN is rais=
ed=20
to the client. =20

How do we get more diagnostic info on this?  We are seeing this in two=20
places: a Python-C data structure library and our own C coded callVoid()=20
function we are using for failure testing.

The callVoid() function should obviously always fail and is doing what we=
=20
want - we even get to call back into the CORBA server to check how it fai=
led.=20
 Very convenient.   In this case we don't care to see any core dump info.

The failure in the data structure library is more annoying and we want to=
 get=20
any info we can.  Besides running it in gdb, can we change the behavior o=
f=20
potential logging to get more info on this?

John
--=20

John D. Heintz | Senior Engineer

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX 78752
T 512.633.1198 | jheintz@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m