[omniORB] OmniOrb & Version 3.30 of HP-UX ANSI C++ Compiler

Thorne, Adrian adrian.thorne@edl.uk.eds.com
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:16:19 +0100

Has anyone successfully built and run with OmniOrb 3.0.4 build using version
3.30 of HP's ANSI C++ compiler, aCC, and the '-AA' switch (i.e. the version
with proper support for the 'std' namespace)?
I've re-built all of my code and all of OmniOrb with version 3.30 of the
compiler and the -AA switch - and they all compile OK but as soon as I try
to run any of my applications they all core dump before they've executed a
single line of my code. I guess the problem is related to HP's kind decision
to make code compiled with -AA incompatible with code compiled without it,
but I get no link errors nor any unresolved symbols at run time, even with
setting the shared library binding to immediate (instead of the default -
deferred).

Adrian Thorne
Air Systems
EDS Defence Ltd