[omniORB] the .mk files

Laurent Pointal laurent.pointal@lure.u-psud.fr
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 10:50:51 +0200

At 12:28 09/08/2001 +0530, Vibhu  Rishi wrote:
>hi folks
>
>I wanted to know where I can get more information about the .mk files ?

Look at README files in the omni root directory !!!

For your case, README.unix contains general informations for use on Unix
platforms, and README.Linux contains more specific indications.

>I tried to write a simple CORBA application and made a simple makefile,
>but that gave problems with the included files as there was some platform
>dependencies that failed. Then I looked at the example directories and
>came across the .mk files. I am not able to figure out much of these
>files. So could anybody point me in the right direction ?
>Are these files some Python scripts ? ( I do not know anything about Python).
>
>Also, I was wondering , since I do not need to work on any platform other
>than Linux, is there some distribution that is totally customized for
>linux, instead of the general stuff we have in the ftp files. ?

AFAIR there is a linux binary tgz directly available at OmniORB WWW site.

A+

Laurent.

---
Laurent POINTAL - CNRS/LURE - Service Informatique Experiences
Tel/fax: 01 64 46 82 80 / 01 64 46 41 48
email  : laurent.pointal@lure.u-psud.fr  ou laurent.pointal@laposte.net