[omniORB] Visibroker osagent as naming service for omniORB po ssible?

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 11:08:51 +0100

On Monday 6 August, "Ivanov, Roumen" wrote:

> We had similar situation here. We are running omniNames 3.0.2. When many
> clients try to connect almost simultaneously (average - 40 per sec.), the
> naming service either dies or gets deadlocked. Looking for a quick solution,
> we had to extend the reconnect interval limits x 10 in order to keep the NS
> alive. This might be not the case with other versions or implementations
> though.

omniNames shouldn't become unstable under heavy load. What platform
are you running on?  The worse that should happen is that the process
reaches its limit of threads or file descriptors and starts turning
clients away.

Can you post a trace from -ORBtraceLevel 15 of omniNames dying?