[omniORB] Visibroker osagent as naming service for omniORB possible?

Daniel Weber dweber1@austin.rr.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 20:45:18 -0500

I'm interested in using omniORBpy to write a script for a system that uses
Visibroker 3.3.  This system uses osagent and BOA to bind object references.
Does anyone know if it is possible for omniORB to use this as well?

Another question - in  a conversation with another engineer he mentioned that
using a name server resulted in excessive network traffic and was not useful
for the number of objects they were using.  They're using under 1,000
objects, though I don't know the actual number.  I was under the impression
that a name server could handle this kind of load easily.  Any comments?

daniel