[omniORB] Newbie has linux problem

lou_liz@iafrica.com lou_liz@iafrica.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:51:03 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

So I've written a servant and a client in C++ using omniORB 3.0.3 with all the
latest patches.  Works fine on a Windows network.

Then I tried to run the client from a Linux box.

I copied the exact same code over to Linux.  I compile and link it successfully
(at least no errors or warnings are reported).

When I try to run the client, I get the following error:
"Error while loading shared libraries: libomniORB3.so.0: cannot open shared
object file: no such file or directory"

The library file IS there.  Actually, libomniORB3.so.0 is a symlink to
libomniORB3.so.0.3.
The lib directory is in my PATH.

What am I missing?

I use RedHat 7.0, I do have the correct versions of glibc etc.

I compile as follows:
g++ -c -x c++ I. -I/omniORB/include -D__linux__ -D__x86__ -D__OSVERSION=2__ -
D__cplusplus__ -O2 -m486 -Wall -Wno-unused MyProjectSK.cc MyClientProgram.cxx

I link as follows:
g++ -L. -L/omniORB/lib/i586_linux_2.0_glibc2.1 -lomniORB3 -lomniDynamic3 -
lomnithread -ltcpwrapGK MyProjectSK.o MyClientProgram.o

The client program is very very basic and is based on the example code
generated by omniidl.

Please help.

TIA.

Lourens Janse van Rensburg
Pr.Eng.
Vizier Systems
Somerset West
South
Africa

This message was sent using M-Web Airmail.
http://airmail.mweb.co.za/