[omniORB] Visibroker with [J]C++Builder

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:31:51 +0100

On Friday 27 April, mik@geosys.ru wrote:

> Will a shared-memory version of omniORB (4?) be even faster?

It would be surprising if it wasn't. We'll find out when we implement
it :-)

> With omniNames, I have to explicitly run "omniNames -start 3001
> -ORBInitialHost=127.0.0.1" (option -start for the first run only) to
> make everything work locally.

You shouldn't use -ORBInitialHost. That is an obsolete way of
configuring where omniORB clients look to find the naming service.
omniNames _is_ the naming service, so you shouldn't be telling it
where to find itself.

Just omniNames -start 3001 should be sufficient.