[omniORB] Visibroker with [J]C++Builder

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:32:53 +0100

On Friday 27 April, mik@geosys.ru wrote:

> First, the interopearble speed was about two times slower than in
> pure VisiBroker/VisiBroker or omniORB/omniORB configurartions (the
> same server and client programs were linked against these and those
> libraries respectively without any other modifications).

Are the client and server running on the same machine?  I believe
VisiBroker uses a shared memory transport in that case. When talking
to omniORB, it would have to resort to TCP loopback, which would
account for the slow-down. According to some performance measurements,
omniORB talking to itself through the TCP loopback is faster than
VisiBroker talking to itself through shared memory.

> Second, while omniORB was able to talk to VisiBroker's Naming
> Service, vice versa access failed - specifically registering new
> names from VisiBroker client with omniNames.

In what way did it fail?