[omniORB] typedef enum causes error

Attila.Pletyak@anemo.com Attila.Pletyak@anemo.com
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:39:41 +0200

It's only that you do not need the word "typedef" there. (Or at least this
is the case under Debian Linux 2.2, omniORB 2.8)

Sincerely,

Attila Pletyak
Anemo Ltd.

                    "Jonas Reimers"
                    <jonas.reimers@se.adtranz.co        To:     omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
                    m>                                  cc:
                    Sent by:                            Subject:     [omniORB] typedef enum causes error
                    owner-omniorb-list@uk.resear
                    ch.att.com

                    04/27/01 12:26 PM

end
I am writing an IDL file that includes some enumerations. When I am trying
write typedef enum  omniidl complains and I gets
: Syntax error in interface body

My code is simular to the one below
/***************************************************************************************************************************************************************/

interface Op
{

     typedef enum eT
     {
          _Ok,
          _Update
     };

//<other  declarations>

eT S(in long Seq ); // function with eT as return type.

//<other functions>

};// end of Op interface

Why is that?

/Jonas Reimers