[omniORB] Visibroker with [J]C++Builder

mik@geosys.ru mik@geosys.ru
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:21:35 +0400

26.04.01 18:08:26, David Hyde <davidh@cavendish.co.uk> wrote:
>Has anyone found any problems using Visibroker for Java and OmniORB in
>particular with regards to naming service interoperability.  I am deciding
>whether to go down the JBuilder Enterprise edition route or a cheaper Java
>environment with JacORB of which I have read good things on this list.

Hello, David!

Though I have no experience with VisiBroker for Java, I had some interoperability problems with VisiBroker for C++ 4.0 and omniORB 3.0.3 on Win32 platform.

First, the interopearble speed was about two times slower than in pure VisiBroker/VisiBroker or omniORB/omniORB configurartions (the same server and client programs were
linked against these and those libraries respectively without any other modifications).

Second, while omniORB was able to talk to VisiBroker's Naming Service, vice versa access failed - specifically registering new names from VisiBroker client with omniNames.

I do not really know if these problems may be minor and can be easily solved, or even if this was my own misconfiguration fault (but I think it was not). I just did some probing and
rest happy with my current omniORB-client-to-VisiBroker-server setup.

Best regards,
		Mikhail

Dr. Mikhail Soukhanov <mailto:mik@geosys.ru.>

Laboratory of Geoinformatics, VNIIgeosistem
Warszawskoje chaussee 8, Moscow M-105, 113105 Russia
Tel.: +7(095) 954-21-50 (x101), fax.: +7(095) 958-35-22
W.W.W.: <http://www.geosys.ru./>