[omniORB] omniEvents 2.1.1 problems

Donald Brandon dbrandon@nrlssc.navy.mil
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:29:35 -0500

Hello..

I have been trying to get omniEvents running with omniORB3.0.3.  I have
seen the question I am about to ask posted on the mailing list, however,
I have not found a response for it.

- I have omniNames running.  I start omniEvents for the first time from
the command  line .../src/contrib/omniEvents/bin/omniEvents -s 7766.
- I then start eventc.  It starts up and is gone just as in the
documentation.  Meaning, I believe, that the event channel is created.
- From there, the examples run fine and I can still run the echo
examples as well.  If I shut down and restart, I can restart omniEvents
from the log, however, when I try to start up eventc, it fails with a
message "Failure contacting Event Channel Factory".

I am new to CORBA and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Don