[omniORB] Nesting IDL files

Attila.Pletyak@anemo.com Attila.Pletyak@anemo.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:56:26 +0200

I work under Debian Linux 2.2 with omniORB 2.8.

I got this message when I did not give (to the compiler) the search path
for the file, which was generated from the included idl file.  (if you look
in the generated stub, you will see an #include "name.hh" line in it, and
maybe that is not found by your compiler.)

Or this can come up if you use different -h command line option for the
omniidl for the two idl files.

Maybe it can help you, but I do not really know VC6.

Sincerely,

Attila Pletyak
Anemo Ltd.

                    "Olaf Meding"
                    <olaf@tomotherapy.com>              To:     "omniORB Mailing List" <omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com>
                    Sent by:                            cc:
                    owner-omniorb-list@uk.resear        Subject:     [omniORB] Nesting IDL files
                    ch.att.com

                    04/21/01 01:00 AM

omniORB does not seem to deal with nested IDL files correctly or maybe I am
doing something wrong?  The IDL compiler has no problem compiling the main
and nested idl files.  However, when I compile the files produced by the
IDL
compiler with VC6 I get an error saying that a header file is missing.  The
name of the header file is the name of the nested IDL file.

Here is my (abreviated) IDL file:
  module tcorba {
    // losts of code shared by all of our IDL files

    #include "name.idl"

  }

Here is the IDL compiler command line:
  omniidl.exe -bcxx -Wbsplice-modules
  -I..\..\..\code\common
  -DREAL_TIME_DATA_IDL
  -Wbh=.h -Wbs=.cpp
  -Cidl ..\..\..\code\common\tomotherapy.idl

Olaf

Using binary omniORB 3.0.3 with static run-time libraries with VC6 (sp5) on
NTW4 (sp5).