[omniORB] How to compile omniORB with VC 6.0 SP5 and cygwin?

Georg Lohrer GeorgLohrer@web.de
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 16:19:47 +0200

It seems that I'm too dumb to create the omniORB 3.0.3
with Win98 SE and cygwin (cygwin_98-4.10).
I'll read the README.win32 and I'll tried it several ways:

prerequisites:
- Python 2.1 interpreter in c:/Python21
- setting /omni/config/config.mk to platform=x86_win95
- setting /omni/mk/platforms/x86_win95 accordingly

action 1)
- running Windows-98 command prompt
- setting VS 6.0 environment by calling vcvars32.bat
- cd /omni/src
- make export
Failure because make not found

action 2)
- running cygwin bash shell
- setting VS 6.0 environment in .bashrc according to vcvars32
- cd /omni/src
- make export
Failure, because include-path not valid. It seems that cl.exe cannot
accept the bash-environment vars.

action 3)
- running Windows-98 command prompt
- setting VS 6.0 environment by calling vcvars32.bat
- cd /omni/src
- \cygwin\bin\make export
It starts compiling ('rm' et.al. are not known) and during call of
'install -c <file.exe>' the installation of vim starts.
Ignoring that and the compilation process continues, but later on
stumbles about not being able to launch 'w9xpopen.exe' during launch
of omniidl, even the path to w9xpopen is set correctly.

Does anybody have an idea what the correct mixture of the above
mentioned actions is?

Ciao, Georg