[omniORB] Object by Value timeframe?

Jeff Schnitzer jeff@infohazard.org
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:22:09 -0700

If he's like me, it's for RMI-IIOP.  Nearly all of my application is
Java, but I call out to a server farm of C++ CORBA objects for number
crunching.  It's nice to keep all my interfaces defined in Java so they
can be served by JRMP servers as well as CORBA objects.  I currently
have the system running using Orbacus, which as far as I know is the
only freely available (for noncommercial use at least) ORB that supports
OBV.

The experience I had with omniORB was very positive before I switched to
Orbacus, so I would like to go back eventually.  Orbacus is not bad but
omniORB's license is much more flexible :-)

Thanks,
Jeff