[omniORB] Using omniORB 3.03 with the Intel C++ compiler.

Kevin Wooten kwooten@itracs.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:46:58 -0700

It does define _MSC_VER, but I am using VC++ 6.0, so it defines it to be
1200, as VC++ 6.0 does. I also tried defining it to 1100 as you
suggested but get the same results.

Regards,
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Sai-Lai Lo [mailto:S.Lo@uk.research.att.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 2:44 AM
To: Kevin Wooten
Cc: omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: [omniORB] Using omniORB 3.03 with the Intel C++ compiler.

I suggest you check whether the Intel C++ compiler has the pre-processor
define _MSC_VER, which is the compiler specific macro of MS VC++. My
guess
is that the compiler does not define this macro.=20

If that is the case, that would explain the linkage error because the
ORB
header files test for _MSC_VER to decide whether to enable the dllimport
attribute and other MSVC++ workarounds.

You may want to try recompile your source with -D_MSC_VER=3D1100 and see
if
it works.

Regards,

Sai-Lai

> I am using the Intel C++ compiler for win32, it is supposed to be a
> direct replacement of the visual c++ compiler ( it actually plugs into
> dev studio ). When I try to catch objects of type
> CORBA::ORB::InvalidName, the compiler complains about unresolved
linker
> errors. I believe it is on all exceptions in the namespace
> CORBA::ORB::*, only on those exceptions, other exceptions seem to be
> just fine. Here is the error mesage:

> client.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const
> CORBA::ORB::InvalidName::`vftable'" (??_7InvalidName@ORB@CORBA@@6B@)
> Debug/client.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

> Any Ideas??

--=20
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:
http://www.uk.research.att.com=20
24a Trumpington Street                Tel:   +44 1223 343000
Cambridge CB2 1QA                     Fax:   +44 1223 313542
ENGLAND