[omniORB] memory leak in omniORB?

Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:33:07 +0100

On Wednesday 11 April, "Ralf Hupfer" wrote:

> in a omniORB server application causes a memory leak of some
> bytes every time it's called by a client. The server isn't doing
> anything else meanwhile, so I don't see where else the memory
> could disappear. One needs to call the methode some hundred
> times to see the memory leak in the NT task mamanger. Can
> anybody confirm this?

I just tried running eg3_impl with a modified eg3_clt, and did several
hundred thousand calls without any change in the memory use reported
in task manager. This was on NT4 with VC 6, and omniORB 3.0.3. Nothing
to do with memory allocation changed between 3.0.2 and 3.0.3.

Can you post a minimal example program which exhibits the leak?