[omniORB] typecode problem with omniORBpy

Mon, 09 Apr 2001 12:59:43 +0100

On Friday 6 April, Lars Immisch wrote:

> This time, the problem appears with the typecode of a struct containing an
> enum and a recursive type. The typecodes of the recursive type and the
> enum itself are fine.

The problem was that the TypeCode unmarshaller forgot to record the
offset when it saw the enum, so when the enum reappeared in the later
struct, it got confused. The problem only occurred for known enums --
if the receiving ORB did not already know the enum's TypeCode it
worked fine. The fact that the TypeCode was recursive didn't come into
it.

It's fixed in CVS.

> BTW, omniORBpy is _really_ nice. It's a great tool for prototyping and
> testing of CORBA applications. I am glad I started using it.

Thanks!