[omniORB] Does omniORBpy support long double yet?

Stefan Radke stefan.radke@systemonic.de
Fri, 06 Apr 2001 09:55:01 +0200

Duncan Grisby wrote:

> It should be easy to add a flag to the omniidl Python back-end which
> causes it to miss out operations involving unsupported types. I'll
> look into it.

If that is possible, it should also be an option to have special code
generated by the Python back-end.

We use a work-around that generates a special 'type' for 'long long'
declarations:
(quote from idl file)
      // number of longs for long long type
      const unsigned long SIZE_LONG_LONG = 2;
      typedef unsigned long Uint64[SIZE_LONG_LONG];

It requires mapping operators to write data back and forth from 'real'
64
bit variables, but that's a one time effort.

Is it posible to add this to the Python back-end, so it becomes reusable

with other idl's and the operators required are in the stubs ?

Best regards, Stefan.