[omniORB] Setting system time

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:07:27 -0400

In Message <200104041245.IAA24718@saltmine.radix.net> ,
   "Cary O'Brien" <cobrien@Radix.Net> wrote:

=>I think NTP will adjust the clock by speeding it up/slowing it down
=>rather than making abrupt changes.  Does this help?
=>
=>ntp: http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp

   I went to UDel, so I know a bit about this. :-)  NTP will
typically do the clock drift adjustment thing if your OS has support
for it, but if the clock is far enough off, it will still jump it
forwards or backwards. Also, if memory or real-time behaviour is
an issue, you may want to take into account that NTP runs at a high
priority with most of its memory locked in RAM. In most applications,
though, this shouldn't be a major impact. I run xntpd/ntpd on the
bulk of my systems.

					Gary Duzan
					Verizon IT