[omniORB] Objects by value?

henning.schmidt@philips.com henning.schmidt@philips.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 19:35:51 -0500

Hi=20

As a newby to CORBA I have a general question:=20

Is it possible to specify a full-blown class as a data-types that I can=
 use as input/output parameter (not just a struct)?

And I really want to pass an instance of that class accross the wire, n=
ot just a reference to it. When I use a regular class as a parameter ty=
pe to some function then the ORB expects me to pass in and out a *refer=
ence* to a local servant instance. And=20
the actual servant for that reference is always going to stay on the si=
de of the CORBA-connection where it was created. But I would like to se=
nd the actual object over the channel, and really not use it as a serva=
nt at all.

So my questions are:
- is this possible at all?
- if it happens to be possible: can do it with omniORB?

Thank you very much.
;Henning

--
H. Henning Schmidt     <Henning.Schmidt@Philips.com>
Philips Broadcast / Film Imaging Products