[omniORB] Cygwin?

Tue, 03 Apr 2001 11:49:24 +0100

On Sunday 1 April, "Kevin Williams" wrote:

> Is it possible to use OmniORB in a Cygwin-based project?  As much as I love
> Visual C++, I have chosen to use GCC (on several platforms, including Win32)
> for my next project.  However, I can't seem to build a Cygwin-native version
> of OmniORB.  So, is there some way that I can use the VC++ version?

You definitely won't be able to use the VC++ binaries with GCC -- the
binary formats are different. Assuming Gygwin's GCC is relatively
complete, and supports things like thread-safe exceptions, it should
be possible to port omniORB to compile with it. It might not be too
hard to start from the Windows platform files and create a Cygwin
version.