[omniORB] ORB communication through a firewall

Joel Schuster jschuster@cctus.com
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:11:59 -0600

The key is in how you set up your firewall, not in the ORB. Treat orb
communications as any other TCP/IP comm. If you know the IPs of your
clients then you can just allow them access explicitly. Otherwise
you can allow only requests for you ORB port in and filter all
else out. That is usually how a firewall works anyhow.

Joel