[omniORB] omniORBpy and python1.6

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:06:56 +0100

On Wednesday 27 September, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> the pyThreadCache.h file still contains an explicit
> #include <python1.5/pythread.h>, i.e. I can't compile
> omniORBpy with python1.6.

So it does. I hadn't noticed since I had only tried Python 1.6 and 2.0
on machines which also had 1.5.2 installed. pythread.h hasn't changed,
so it still worked. I've fixed it now in CVS.

On the subject of Python 1.6, the general consensus seems to be that
you shouldn't bother with it. If you want the new features, you should
use the 2.0 betas, or wait for 2.0. 2.0 beta 2 was meant to be
released yesterday, but I guess something went wrong...