[omniORB] problems when compiling omniorbpy: implicit declaration of function

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:29:11 +0100

On Tuesday 26 September, Othmar Pasteka wrote:

> i just try to compile omniORBpy 1.1 against omniORB 2.8.0 (i know
> there is 3.0.1 but i need/want 2.8.0).
> anyway, building omniORB 2.8.0 works fine. when i then do a make
> export in src/lib/omniORBpy i get the following error messages:

Thanks for pointing that out. When I last modified omniidl in the
omniORB 3 tree, a bit got missed out in the merge to the omniORBpy
tree. It's fixed in CVS now.

That said, I _strongly_ recommend that you use omniORB 3.0.1 with
omniORBpy. The whole thing is much much more stable, and has lots of
useful features. If you are already using 2.8.0 from C++, there is no
reason that you can't install 3.0.1 just for the use of omniORBpy.