[omniORB] interoperability with Orbacus 4

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:57:06 +0100

On Monday 25 September, "Azariah Jeyakumar" wrote:

> It seems like omniORB interoperability with Orbacus 4 is limited.

Odd. I'm sure I've seen reports that it works fine. Maybe that's only
with the C++ version of Orbacus.

> I stepped through the omniorb client stub code and found out that the
> message size in the reply of the LocateRequest is -4 which, as an unsigned
> number, is bigger that the MaxMessageSize acceptable to the omniorb client
> and I get a COMM_FAILURE. Does anyone know more information about this
> problem such as:

Please can you send the output you get when you run a simple omniORB
client, giving it command line arguments "-ORBtraceLevel 30
-ORBtraceInvocations". That will dump all the IIOP traffic, so we'll
be able to see what's going on.