[omniORB] Regarding NamingService

Ramchandra Phadake Ramchandra.Phadake@tecnomen.fi
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:00:45 +0300

Hi,
I am new to this group.In fact I am new to CORBA programming as well.
I have a doubt regarding naming service.Here it is.

My application uses a service.U can say my server has an object of this
service.Now the server creates
dynamically 2/3 new instances of the same service.Since I know when the
server creates the new instances,
I can do some binding to these new objects as well. Plain thing.

But now ,my client access these service objects.It can happen that out of
available 2/3 service objects only
one is important to me.I have a function which checks this. But is it
possible to have
different objects available to the client under the same name ?.

I know that u can have different name binding to one object reference.But
the reverse is not true.

But my requirement is such that out of 3/4 instances availble of the same
service i have to take any one
dynamically? Is it possible with Naming service ?

I hope ,I have clearly described the doubt.
Please Help me.Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ramchandra