[omniORB] Building V3.01 on Digital Unix

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:18:26 +0100

On Thursday 21 September, "Bhatia, Neeraj" wrote:

> I get an error while building omniORB V3.01 on Digital Unix.
[...]

> cxx: Error: idlutil.cc, line 151: identifier "strtoull" is undefined
>   return strtoull(text, 0, base);

strtoull is used by several unixes as the 64 bit equivalent of
strtoul. It isn't a Posix standard, though, so it's no great surprise
that Digital Unix doesn't have it. You need to find out what function
Digital Unix has to do the same thing, and add a new #if case to
idlutil.cc. Given the Alpha's 64 bitness, it's possible that strtoul
is 64 bit.

Let me know what function should be used, and I'll add it.