[omniORB] omniorb 2.8 and 3.01

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:20:57 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, bruno PATIN wrote:

> I have two applications. One runs with omniorb 2.8 and the other with
> omniorb 3.01. Is there a possibility with one definition of
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make them work together (they must cooperate) ?

Just put both 'lib' directories in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  The library names
for omniORB 2.8 and 3.01 are different, so there should be no problem.  In
fact you could put all the libraries together in one directory.

> And
> what will happen with two nameservices opened ?

Should be no problem, they will operate independently.  You need to make
sure you assign different port numbers to each of them...

David