[omniORB] CORBA::COMM_FAILURE with out structures.

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:31:24 +0100

On Friday 15 September, Peter.Ronnquist@nokia.com wrote:

> The sympom is that the client gets a CORBA::COMM_FAILURE exception
> when the method is called. The server side is called and it executes
> all its function body but the client side of the method never
> returns (only gives the COMM_FAILIURE).
>
> The fun part is that when the test fields are removed then the
> method call succeds. We have also experimented with other
> combinations of fields in the struct and arguments to the method and
> it works in some cases. It is like it depends on how much data that
> is sent. Have anyone else had similar problems?

Does the server process crash?  If not, then you really shouldn't be
seeing a COMM_FAILURE. Can you run your test with omniORB 3, with a
command line argument of -ORBtraceLevel 10. With any luck, that will
indicate exactly where the error is occurring.