[omniORB] customizing omniidl generated python package

Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:29:19 +0100

On Friday 8 September, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> Is it possible to add functionality to the modules generated
> by omniidl -bpython ?

Yes, but I strongly recommend that you don't do it. For IDL module
Foo, you can edit the file Foo/__init__.py, ignoring the warning
telling you not to. Anything you put after the line which says "# **
3. End" will survive if omniidl is run again.

There are two reasons why I think you shouldn't do it. First, it will
confuse people reading the code, since they'll expect everything in a
module generated from IDL to be derived from the IDL. Second, it is
omniORBpy specific, so you won't be able to use your code with a
different Python ORB. I might consider that a good thing, but you may
not.