[omniORB] Build Problem on WinNT

SJunnuru@berkleyis.com SJunnuru@berkleyis.com
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 14:02:31 -0500

I am trying to build OmniOrb 3.0.1 on HPUX 10.20 and I keep getting the
following error at the end and am not sure how to proceed further. Any help
on this is highly appreciated...

gmake[2]: Entering directory `/home/sxj/omni/omni/src/lib/omniORB2'
 ../../../bin/hppa_hpux_10.20/omniidl -bcxx -Wba
-p../../../src/lib/omniORB2  -ComniORB3 ../../../idl/Naming.idl
omniidl: ERROR!
omniidl: Could not open IDL compiler module _omniidlmodule.so
omniidl: Please make sure it is in directory
/home/sxj/omni/omni/lib/hppa_hpux_10.20
omniidl: (or set the PYTHONPATH environment variable)
omniidl: (The error was `Failed to load /home/sxj/om
ni/omni/lib/hppa_hpux_10.20/_omniidlmodule.sl')
gmake[2]: *** [omniORB3/Naming.hh] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sxj/omni/omni/src/lib/omniORB2'
gmake[1]: *** [export] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sxj/omni/omni/src/lib'
gmake: *** [export] Error 1

Have a nice day.

-Srini
BIS x115

                    Duncan Grisby
                    <dgrisby@uk.research.att.com        To:     "Ivanov, Roumen" <Roumen.Ivanov@dresdner-bank.com>
                    >                                   cc:     omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
                    Sent by:                            Subject:     Re: [omniORB] Build Problem on WinNT
                    owner-omniorb-list@uk.resear
                    ch.att.com

                    09/07/00 11:32 AM

On Thursday 7 September, "Ivanov, Roumen" wrote:

> Trying to build omniORB 3.0.1 (snapshot from yesterday -06.09.2000) I'm
> running in some problems probably related to gnu-win or omniPython.
> My last successful build was on omniORB 2.8.
> That's what I'm getting on "make export"

The patches I made yesterday to support Python 1.6 and 2.0b1 broke the
Windows build. It's fixed again now in CVS. Tomorrow's snapshot will
have the change.

> <ftp://ftp.uk.research.att.com/pub/omniORB/gnu-win32-lite.zip> , but it
does
> not have the gzip and tar utilities, which will prevent me of extracting
the
> snapshots.

WinZip, and most other archiving utilities support gzipped tar files.