[omniORB] IDL name clashes]

Michi Henning michi@ooc.com.au
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 19:09:21 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Matthias Klein wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> quoting from Henning/Vinoski, Chapter 4.18.3:
>
> "A name in a nested scope cannot be the same as a name in its immediate
> enclosing scope". Their example:
>
> module CCS {
>     module CCS {
>    }
> }
>
> won't compile. So i think omniidl is right

Yes. We added this restriction to IDL because to permit same-named constructs
to be nested directly inside each other creates problems in C++ and Java:
the nested thing will be mistaken as the constructor if the enclosing thing
is a class.

							Cheers,

								Michi.
--
Michi Henning               +61 7 3891 5744
Object Oriented Concepts    +61 4 1118 2700 (mobile)