[omniORB] omniORBpy and python core upgrades to 1.6/2.0?

Michael Lauer mlauer@stud.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 23:52:38 +0200

> Now that python-1.6 has been released, will omniORBpy work with it or
> must it use version 1.5.2? Similarly, when the 2.x series is released,
> will omniORBpy work with it? I suppose I could just try it, but
> thought it would be wiser to ask first.

There have been made _very_ few changes in Python 1.6/2.0 that
will break existing code. However, I'd wait for 2.0 because it is supposed
to come _very_ soon.

> Also, are there any licensing issuse with the new CNRI license that
> are a concern for omniORBpy development?

Python 1.6 was only released to satisfy CNRI. Python 2.0 is soon to
be out under a very different license.

>> Future versions of Python will be
>> released by BeOpen PythonLabs under a GPL-compatible license if at all
>> possible.

This is fine! :-)

--
    Regards & Gruesse from Mickey @ http://www.Vanille.de
  How could anyone know me - when I don't even know myself ?