[omniORB] omniORBpy and python core upgrades to 1.6/2.0?

Mark Borges mdb@jimi.nwest.attws.com
05 Sep 2000 13:33:47 -0700

--=-=-=

Now that python-1.6 has been released, will omniORBpy work with it or
must it use version 1.5.2? Similarly, when the 2.x series is released,
will omniORBpy work with it? I suppose I could just try it, but
thought it would be wiser to ask first.

Also, are there any licensing issuse with the new CNRI license that
are a concern for omniORBpy development? Is the GPL compatibility
aspect important? (I don't want/mean to start a lengthy thread about
the license -- that's been done already in c.l.p -- I'm more
interested if this may be a reason to stay at 1.5.2 for the forseeable
future).

Just curious, as I've no immediate pressing need to upgrade the core
python from 1.5.2 just yet.

Thanks.

--
 -mb-