[omniORB] Multithreaded server crashes when >1 client requests are pending

Mon, 04 Sep 2000 12:52:38 +0100

On Sunday 3 September, "Jimmy Hui" wrote:

Please don't send HTML email to the list.

> I've written a multi-threaded corba server.  It works fine at most of the
> time, but it crashes when there are more than 1 client requests pending at
> the same time.  I've checked the core, and it crashes before it enters the
> application code.  That is, the server is not thread-safe.

Where exactly does it crash, and in what circumstances?  omniORB is
thread safe, and should cope fine with many clients contacting a
server at the same time.

> . Omniorb 2.80
> . Solaris 2.6
> . gcc 2.95.2

Was your gcc configured with --enable-threads?  That might explain
strange crashes if it wasn't.

Try a command like

  nm `gcc -print-libgcc-file-name` | grep pthread

If that doesn't print anything, there's definitely a problem with your
gcc. If it does list some pthread symbols, it may or may not be a
problem.