[omniORB] Has anyone tried to run Purify on omniORB3.0.1

ERIKSSON,TOBIAS (A-Sweden,ex1) tobias_eriksson@agilent.com
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:46:50 +0100

Hi
 When I ran Purify on my omniORB3.0.1 application the other day I got the
following error:

      IPR: Invalid pointer read
       This is occurring while in:
             omniInitialiser??? [libomniORB3.so.0.1]

omni_scavenger_initialiser::omni_scavenger_initialiser()[libomniORB3.so.0.1]
             __static_initialization_and_destruction_0 [libomniORB3.so.0.1]
             StrandScavenger::_GLOBAL_.I.clientCallTimeLimit()
 [libomniORB3.so.0.1]
             __do_global_ctors_aux [libomniORB3.so.0.1]
             _init          [libomniORB3.so.0.1]
       Reading 4 bytes from 0xef774e24 between the heap and the stack.

 As I understand from this, it is all happening before main() is called, as
it intilizes and creates all static/external variables, but question is what
the problem is. I am running Purify 5.2 for Solaris 2.5.1 and gcc 2.95.x, I
know that Purify only supports gcc 2.8.1 but, I'm thinking if there is
anyone out there who has succeeded running Purify like I do. And if someone
knows how to go about, please let me know.

Regards
  Tobias