[omniORB] : which memory leak checker ?

Gian Piero Izzo gizzo@terma.com
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:01:17 +0100

Hi all,
sorry if I'll not speak exactly about omniORB, but I've some problems in
finding a good way to search for memory leaks on a Linux RedHat 6.2
environment.

We are using omniORB3, but as soon as we link a program with the omniORB
libraries, ( even if the program does not really use CORBA ) it's not
possible to make work correctly any memory leak checker.

I tried with memprof 0.4, with njamd0.8, with leaktracer, always with no
results.
Seems that all these products have problems when working on code that
overloads the new and delete operators. Is this tha case for omniORB ?

We have the same system running on Sun Solaris 2.6, and on that platform
we are able to make a good job with Purify, but it doesn't exists on
Linux :-(
Seems also that Insure++ could work as well on both platforms, but it's
too much expensive (even because we had already bought Purify...)

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance

    Gian Piero Izzo