[omniORB] Callback loop stallling

Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:45:23 +0100

On Wednesday 25 October, Kevin Bailey wrote:

> I'm having trouble with a test of a callback client that I've
> written. The client sits in a loop which makes two method calls
> to a server. The server makes a call back to the client in the
> second method call.

Can you post all of your code?  From what you've posted, it looks like
it ought to work.

[...]
> The client is a little more complicated. It has to spawn a
> thread to run the test loop while leaving the main thread
> for orb->run(). I do that like this:

This has nothing to do with the problem you are seeing, but in omniORB
there is no need to call orb->run(). You can safely make calls to the
server from the main thread, and the call-backs will still be
dispatched.