[omniORB] VIRUS ALERT: BackDoor-G2.cfg Trojan Horse detected in omniORB_280 _x86_win32.zip

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
25 Oct 2000 16:58:03 +0100

Hi! On receiving your email, I've download omniORB_280_x86_win32.zip from
ftp.uk.research.att.com and have checked this file and the unpacked files
using Norton Anti-Virus. This is using the latest virus information file.

NOTHING SHOWS UP!

Is this a false alarm or Norton is unable to detect this virus? By the way,
what does "BackDoor-G2.cfg" do? I can only find reference to "BackDoor-G2".

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com