[omniORB] VIRUS ALERT: BackDoor-G2.cfg Trojan Horse detected in omniORB_280 _x86_win32.zip

Armin Gerritsen Armin.Gerritsen@philips.com
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:41:39 +0200

>Armin -
>
>Can you verify that you are using at least the following.  It could be a
bug in
>McAfee, but I'm reasonably sure that the system isn't the problem.
>
>McAfee VShield 4.0.3
>Definitions:   4.0.4099
>Date:               10/11/2000
>Scan Engine:   4.0.70
>
>- Mike

I'm using

McAfee VirusScan NT 4.0.3a
Defs: 4.0.4100
Date: 18 oktober 2000
Scan Engine: 4.0.70

So if I understand the numbers correctly this should even imply I have a
newer datfile, so there is no chance that it is a virus that was not in
older datfiles.
If it was a bug in de datfiles it should also mean that it is fixed now.

Unless I miss something.

Regards,

Armin