[omniORB] VIRUS ALERT: BackDoor-G2.cfg Trojan Horse detected in omniORB_280 _x86_win32.zip

Michael J. Donahue mdonahue@McLeodUSA.com
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:30:50 -0500

Armin -

Can you verify that you are using at least the following.  It could be a bug in
McAfee, but I'm reasonably sure that the system isn't the problem.

McAfee VShield 4.0.3
Definitions:   4.0.4099
Date:               10/11/2000
Scan Engine:   4.0.70

- Mike

"Armin Gerritsen" <Armin.Gerritsen@philips.com> on 10/25/2000 10:25:12 AM

To:   omniORB@McLeodUSA.com, Michael J. Donahue/MCLEOD@MCLEOD
cc:   R Jawahar/MCLEOD@MCLEOD, William A. Leeper/MCLEOD@MCLEOD, Dale L.
      Parker/MCLEOD@MCLEOD, Larry R. DeVries/MCLEOD@MCLEOD, Robert F.
      Galgano/MCLEOD@MCLEOD, Jim P. Reem/MCLEOD@MCLEOD, Daniel M.
      Johnson/MCLEOD@MCLEOD, Michael J. Donahue/MCLEOD@MCLEOD
Subject:  Re: [omniORB] VIRUS ALERT: BackDoor-G2.cfg Trojan Horse detected in
      omniORB_280 _x86_win32.zip

>After downloading a new update to my Anti-Virus sofware last night, I
detected
>the BackDoor-G2.cfg virus in the OMNIORB280_RTD.DLL from the
>omniORB_280_x86_win32.zip file.

Maybe the new data-files indetify the DLL incorrectly as containing a virus
since I've always McAfee running on NT and never found problems.
Just to check I downloaded it and had itr check for virusses. Nothing found

Th eother option is that you are somehow infected ...

>I'm very surprised noone else has caught this one, but I'm fairly sure it
has
>been present in the omniORB_280_x86_win32.zip file since at least March
15th,
>2000.

Which is why I think it is not infected at all ...

Can someone confirm?

Armin
--
Philips Semiconductors B.V.
Systems Laboratory Eindhoven (PS-SLE)

Dragsters, you can train a Monkey to drive straight.
Take a turn sometime and see if you can handle it.